We'd love to see your creations, don't let them gather dust let us share your love with others.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS - ARTISTS AND SELLERS
How do I register to buy art ?
Registering as an customer is quick and easy. Click here to go to our online registration page.
Can I view art without registering ?
Yes. All art on Looking to Buy Art can be viewed without registering.
How are artwork prices decided ?
The price of artwork, whether it is an original work or a downloadable printable file (copy) is set by the artist.
What is a downloadable printable file ?
A downloadable printable file is PDF reproduction of an original artwork. A downloadable printable file is available in two sizes . To purchase a downloadable printable file you must register as a customer. Prices for downloadable printable files are set by the artist.
What is an original artwork ?
An original artwork has been defined by the artist to be an original piece of art they have completed or purchased themselves, that they now wish to sell.
Does Looking to Buy Art have an actual physical gallery ?
No physical gallery, only a online gallery.
How do I pay for art ?
You need to register as a customer to purchase art. Once registered, payment is made via PayPal or via all major credit cards.
Where does Looking to Buy Art acquire its art ?
Looking to buy art is an online meeting place for buyers and sellers of art. Looking to Buy Art does not directly acquire art from any artists, distributors, publishers, galleries or groups.
All art displayed on the website has been uploaded by Artists registered as subscribers to the website.
How do I know a original artwork is authentic ?
Looking to Buy Art encourages buyers to directly communicate with artists prior to purchasing a piece of art.
Find a piece of art that you like, then contact the Artist via email.
What are the permitted and prohibited uses of downloadable printable files ?
Permitted uses of downloadable printable files:
1. Making physical prints at any size on any medium for personal use.
If there is any doubt that a proposed use is a Permitted Use, you should contact Looking to Buy Art.
Prohibited uses of downloadable printable files:
1. No re-sell, rent
2. Use or display the printable file in an electronic format that enables it to be downloaded or distributed via mobile devices or shared in any peer-to-peer or similar file sharing arrangement;
3. Offer or redistribute the printable file on CD’s, DVD’s, or any other format;
4. Install and use the printable file in more than one location at a time or post a copy of the printable file on a network server, web server, shared drive, intranet, email group, or newsgroup of any nature for use by other users;
5. Claim the printable file as your own
6. Use or display the printable file as part of a website design that you create for clients;
7. Use or display the printable file on websites or online shops that sell products or services;
8. Use any of the printable file as part of a trade-mark, design-mark, trade-name, business name, service mark, or logo
If there is any doubt that a proposed use is a Prohibited Use, you should contact Looking to Buy Art.
Is there a delivery cost associated when purchasing original artwork ?
Yes. A Australian and/or International delivery charge is associated with each original artwork.
The delivery charge is determined by the selling artist and is displayed underneath the retail price of the artwork.
Is there anything I need to do before registering as an Artist on Looking to Buy Art ?
You will need to set up a PayPal account. To set up a PayPal account, visit www.paypal.com.au
Who sets the prices of my art?
You set your own prices.
Do I need to pay any commission on my art sales ?
Yes. There is 10% commissions paid on any art sales on Looking to Buy Art. This automatically occurs at point of sale. Eg. If total sale (inclusive of delivery) is $100 for piece of art, $10 goes to LBA and $90 goes to artist PayPal account.
What is the featured gallery and how do I appear on it ?
The featured gallery is a random selection of images which appear on the front page of the Looking to Buy Art website. The images in this gallery change each time the "Home" button is clicked or each visit to the Looking to Buy Art website.
How do I register as an artist ?
Registering as an artist is quick and easy. Click here to go to our online registration page.
As registered artist for a subscription, can I purchase another artist's artwork ?
Yes. However, you need to register as an art buyer. You will need to use a separate email to the one used to register as an Artist. Registering to buy art is easy and free. Click here to go to our online registration page.
Can I cancel my registration if I no longer wish to exhibit my art on Looking to Buy Art?
You can cancel your registration at any point from your profile by selecting 'CANCEL ACCOUNT'' button. Your account and all your products will be removed from the website.
Can I charge a delivery cost for my original artworks ?
Yes. When uploading art you can nominate an Australia-wide delivery charge and an international delivery charge for each original artwork. All delivery charges must be stated in $AUD.
Alternatively, you may select the pick-up only option.
What size and format of original artwork images can I upload ?
Original Artwork can be uploaded as JPG, PNG, GIF formats. It has a 5MB maximum upload limit.
What size and format of downloadable file images can I upload ?
Small size: To allow the user to print images up to the size of A3 please upload an image at 150DPI with a minimum size of 13MB, only allowable in JPG, PNG, GIF formats.
Large size: To allow the user to print images up to the size of A0 (Poster) please upload an image at 75DPI with a minimum size of 26MB, only allowable in JPG, PNG, GIF formats.
How are you marketing my artwork?
Looking to Buy Art actively invests in search engine optimisation (SEO) digital marketing. SEO increases traffic to site and allows top positions on the search engine results pages when keywords are entered. For example: sell art, selling art online
Looking to Buy Art also actively invests in Facebook marketing.
Am I able to link my social media accounts to Looking to Buy Art?
Yes. Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts can be linked.
Why should I sell my art on Looking to Buy Art?
Sell your art on Looking to Buy Art -
- We charge 10% commission - the lowest commission structure in the marketplace.
- You get to communicate and negotiate directly with your customers.
- We provide security through using pay-pal a trusted partner.
- You receive your portion, 90% of the transaction at the point of sale.
- We do all the leg-work in marketing our brand to generate customers
- We make it easy to leverage your existing networks and social media channels
- We assist you in building long-term relationships with your art-lovers.
- We’ve got shipping covered- you can set your own price or organize it independently.
Do you have any other question?
Click here to contact us. We are happy to answer any further questions.
WHY BUY FROM US?
1000s of artworks
100s of local artists
Fast, secure and easy!